Palm Beach State College


Any bargaining unit member may file a contractual grievance, but only UFF members are entitled to union representation.  Contractual grievances may be filed if a faculty member or the Union believes Articles or Sections of the contract have been violated. The steps for filing contractual grievances are outlined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement (Article XXVIII, Section A).

If you believe the College has not lived up to its part of the contract, you should to contact Nick LaRocca, Union President at They will discuss with you the merits of your case and advise you as to whether or not they believe it is strong enough to prevail in a grievance.

If the Union feels the college has violated the contract, it will vigorously defend the contract, but expects you to actively participate in that defense.  You may be asked to complete a pre-grievance.

Additionally, a faculty member may file a non-contractual grievance; such a grievance falls outside the negotiated contract. College policies and procedures should be consulted and followed for filing non-contractual grievances.

Time limits set forth in the contract or policy must be strictly observed. If you suspect your contractual rights have been violated, please do not delay in contacting Tina or Nick.

Copywrite 2018 © United Faculty – Palm Beach State College